Wednesday, February 7, 2007

A little different day...

The day was Wednesday, February 7th. When the bell rang, I plugged my ears becuase I thought the kids would come in. I plugged my ears for nothing. When I took out my ear plugs the kids ran in screaming for the closet. I looked around and there was a huge tent-like thing. Miss T. said "Line up on the other side. I yelled, "WHAT'S HAPPENING? DID I MISS SOMETHING? I WANT MY MOMMY!" Everyone was scared. Miss T. said, "Everyone only gets one piece of bread and half a jug of water." She turned off the lights. I screamed, "I TOLD YOU BEFORE...I'M SCARED OF THE DARK!"
Everyone got settled down, but then someone knocked on the door. Nobody ever knocks. What's happening? Am I dreaming? She gave Miss T. a note. Everyone talked. I heard someone yell, "Who was that?" Miss T. said, "Mrs. Marchand is a resistance fighter."
Then at 1:45 another teacher walked in. Everyone was quiet. The teacher said she needed someone. Miss T. said, "They are doing activities." The teacher said she would be back. I started screaming. I said, "Help me!" But then I passed out.

~Mouschi~

4 comments:

Allison said...

It rocks.What where you doing it was so scard?And why was there a tent?

Jolene said...

I heard the words "Holocaust", "Jew", "resistance fighter", and "Nazi". I think they were hiding from someone or something because every time the door opened they would get really quiet. The kids were surrounded by the tent thing so they could not be seen! I hope this helps :-)

Anonymous said...

This sounded like a very good learning experience! When you think back to this day, close your eyes and try to imagine that you really were a Jewish person, hiding like that for many, many days and months. Imagine how truly scarey and uncomfortable that would be!! You would be hiding because your life depended on it! There are many Jewish people still suffering today because of the Holocaust. Pray for them! :)

Anonymous said...

A tent? Why would they need that? And why didn't they but you in it Mouschi?